This week I worked on starting my report for my data set analysis. While I was working on my report, I thought about trying to do a summary report on the averages of the weights for non-smokers and smokers. I believe that this strategy was actually better than the histograms because it gives you an idea of how different the weights are through the average. Next week I plan on finishing my report and turning it in.
This week I made my histograms to try and test whether or not smoking has an affect on the weight of newborn babies. After looking at the histograms I noticed with the results that it looks like the babies weights were definitely for the most part a lot less healthier in weight when the mother was a smoker. Next week I plan on writing up my lab report.
This week I finally decided that I couldn’t find enough information in order to do a report so I quickly decided to change up my project to the smoking and no smoking data set and their affect on birth weight. I am looking to make a histogram for each of the situations including a histogram of the two situations combined and see if that helps me decide if the smoking makes a difference.
This week I read through the fifth chapter of the Exploratory data analysis with R book. Which was Exploratory Graphs. I didn’t really do anything else this week because I had a couple exams in other classes so I was more focused on those classes.
This week I read through the fourth chapter of the Exploratory Data Analysis with R book. Which is Principles of Analytic Graphics. After reading the chapter I worked on finding more data for my dataset report.
This week I read through the third chapter of Robert Peng’s Exploratory Data Analysis with R book. Which was Exploratory Data Analysis Checklist. I have also gone through searching for some datasets about MLB teams making the playoffs and what their payroll was.
This week I read through the second chapter of the Exploratory Data Analysis with R book. Which was Managing Data Frames with the dplyr package. As I read through this chapter, I was able to decide on which type of data it was that I wanted to start looking for.
This week I read through the first chapter of Robert Peng’s book Exploratory Data Analysis with R. Which was getting started with R. While reading through this chapter I also started to look at some ideas for my data set. Most of the data sets that I was thinking of were sports related.
Welcome to UMassD WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!